Welcome to The Outer Pinning

I will try to satisfy the need of the crafty, to boldly show off handmade art and crafts. It is time to join the handmade nation.







Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tea Time

Took mom to a Japanese Tea Ceremony and Spring Hat Contest.

We saw some of the most interesting hats, very creative and no camera--boooo-- I forgot the camera!

This picture was taking days before the event. Lucky for me I have a  box full of handmade hats. Made with love by me!


It was alot of fun, chatted with some lovely ladies. Some of whom were were pushing 90 yrs; that didn't stop them from getting up and dancing and enjoying themselves.

A great time was had by all.

Makes you think about life. Keep yourself happy and free of stress. Get some daily exercise like walking, yoga or tai chi. Keep those joints in good working order.

And most important of all: laugh, laugh, laugh!

3 comments:

  1. Your mom is just darling! So great to see her out having fun with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It has been a rough road for her. I am happy to say that she is now doing great healthwise and is getting some strength back. I am glad I have her here with me.

    ReplyDelete