Welcome to The Outer Pinning

I will try to satisfy the need of the crafty, to boldly show off handmade art and crafts. It is time to join the handmade nation.







Sunday, May 23, 2010

Creative Reuse

Paid a visit to the Long Beach Depot for Creative Reuse yesterday. Needed to get a few things. This place is full of surprises you never know what you will find.

I found some great cardboard cutouts that I will redesign into Oh Sew Tru hang tags, got some safety pins, some rubber strips that I can use as handles for totebags. Found some small bags for jewelry and other small items, a couple of yards of red fabric to use on one of my tabletops, plastic wrap to put my new pillow covers in, leather scraps to finish out the wallets I have started, a couple of great vintage zippers, some rubber stamps, some hardware to hang necklaces, some plain white gift boxes and a couple of magic tricks. All this for only $7. Most items are in multiples.

Also, got a surprise box from the owner, and low and behold it had some wood scraps in it! Perfect for turning into handpainted or wood burned necklaces!

If you are in Long Beach you should definitely check this store out. I posted the link in an earlier post but here it is again:

http://thelongbeachdepot.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment