Welcome to The Outer Pinning

I will try to satisfy the need of the crafty, to boldly show off handmade art and crafts. It is time to join the handmade nation.







Monday, April 5, 2010

Using My Time Wisely

I have joined the ranks of the recently unemployed, so what a better time to create an etsy site, a flickr page, a blog...all the things I never found the time to do.

Well, I have all the time in the world now. I moved my elderly mom in with me; taking care of her now. She is adjusting well to her new home with the exception of the recent earthquake.

I really need to start one of those "Things my mom says" sites...she's got some doozies. She recently tried to walk into the wrong house...good thing the neighbor wasn't sitting in his living room at the time, he is probably wondering, "what the hell" at least it made my mom laugh. Just another reason to keep your doors locked or some old lady is going walk in on ya.

I now have her crafting along with me to keep her busy! Helps me produce finished products faster and helps her feel useful and needed and she is pretty damn good at embroidery.

I have been sewing like crazy, displaying at various local craft fairs, meeting new people.

Job hunting is included in there somewhere, although that is not as much fun.

Trying to get all these sites off the ground and getting frustrated but I have not given up!

Have run into quite a few obstacles along the way...geez! Sometimes I want to quit. If anyone out there can send words of encouragement I am ready to hear them. Tell me some of your stories and how you overcame the obstacles. Share and share alike, that is the way.

Guess I will close for now have a few more purses to sew.

2 comments:

  1. It's refreshing to see that in light of all things you manage to stay "cheery" and upbeat. With all things, PATIENCE! You're great at what you do, just believe it. Sew away, paint away, get your stuff out there. Etsy will pick up in no time, then there won't be enough hours in a day to keep up with the demand. Get your name out there (more than you already have, because I know you've been in the scene for a while). Lastly and most importantly -- Stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great you're using your time so creative and productively! Some people would let the funk of joblessness take them over, but you are doing what you always wanted to do- making stuff, and if you keep at it, who knows- it may become a full time job!

    Congrats Julie- you're doing great!
    mb

    ReplyDelete